25.3.24

How to create a positive body image

In a world bombarded by unrealistic beauty standards and social pressures cultivating a positive body image is almost impossible. I am in my mid fifties and it has taken me this long to realise and embrace my healthy self just as I am. This is hard for everyone, I know and understand and all I want and wish for is for others to realise that everyone is beautiful just they way they are. Having a positive body image is an empowering act from of self love and acceptance. when you believe in yourself, just the way you re you radiate to the world around you. 





To me, It is an honour to value others uniqueness and to notice their own beauty and talents. With positive thoughts and insights we can have a positive body image. I wish I believed in myself in my younger years instead of thinking that I was not the way I would like to be. when in reality I wasted time in my own head thinking and wanting to be different then I was. these negative thoughts are all in your own head. We all need to get of our own way to honour ourselves and uniqueness.

You are YOU and being authentic and real is the best way to be. You are worthy. we are all worthy and beautiful just as we are.

Recognise your worth

Your worth goes way beyond your appearance. Constantly reminding yourself that you are unique with value, regardless of your looks, shape or size. Focus on your talents and the bits you love about yourself. Change your focus to self love and self acceptance.

Challenge your beauty standards

Surround yourself with positive influences. The world is full of everyday people whom share themselves on social media, follow them and appreciate their courage and strength to be authentically themselves. Celebrate the beauty of all bodies, including your own.

Practice self compassion -

Be kind to yourself and practice being grateful daily. Treat yourself with love and kindness. Treat yourself as you would treat friends or family.

Surround yourself with positive influences

Build a network of those who lift you up and encourage you in positive ways. Celebrate all people regardless of shape size or looks. Share your journey with like minded individuals.

Focus on health , not size

Shift your focus on your health and being the best version of YOU. Engage in movement and healthy eating. Enjoy what makes you happy. 

Practice mindfulness and gratitude -

Stay present in the moment and appreciate your bodies capabilities. Engage in activities that promote body awareness. Practice gratitude for your body strength, resilience and the experiences that it allows you to have and enjoy.

Treat your body as a vessel for joy, happiness and self expression.

One of the best lessons for myself has been having a positive partner who loves me just as I am , bing positive and encouraging me daily to be my best self everyday. Being grateful for all I have daily.

Shine Bright 


image - Samantha Farag


0 yorum:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I love reading your comments, they are important to me. V x